Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Test, standardize, and document network designs that can be repeated and supported by the Operations and Network Operations Center teams
• Must be able to work under time pressure and multi-task under these conditions
• Create and maintain processes, procedures, and associated documentation as needed to support new installations and existing sites
• Willingness to train field personnel
• Must have the ability to work effectively within a geographically distributed team
• Service visits to the teleport and data centers should be expected.
• Comply with all safety requirements implemented by employer, customers, facility owners, or vendors involved in the employee’s daily tasks, including but not limited to PEC, H2S, Water Egress, Lock Out/Tag Out, First Aid/CPR, Lifting, Fall Protection, Climbing Techniques, etc.
• Assist with ensuring that proper quality control is maintained on new installations.
• Work closely with Network Manager to ensure knowledge is kept current on all equipment in use as well as maintaining standards.
• Serve as technical leader and support for the Field Support staff and the NOC.
• Network design and implementation, including routing and switching, voice and video, and integration with VSAT, terrestrial, and microwave transport.
• Ensuring that the core network and remote sites run with optimal efficiency
• Working 2nd/3rd level support issues
• Pre-sales support; be a technical and commercial resource for sales and marketing, including assistance with developing bids and meetings with customers
• Work with other telecommunication providers on infrastructure projects and support
• Contribute to the delivery of new projects on time, on budget, and with planned quality
• Follow departmental procedures consistent with the policies and procedures.
• Assist with research and development of new equipment and technologies.
• Continual development of skills to aid in network support, including Call Manager, IP infrastructure, IP telephony, design, and implementation of MPLS network, open-source products and services.
• Skills in Cisco based networks, including routing, layer 3 based switching, and QoS
• Routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
• LAN Switching VLAN, VTP, STP, Ether-Channel, PPP, Frame Relay
• Continual development of skills to assist with the commissioning and support of the IDIRECT & SCPC network, including Linux OS
• Willingness to satisfy customers and follow through with resolutions for trouble issues
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Second and third level support of fixed, stabilized VSAT and teleport antennae and associated equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions and related requirements of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Other duties may be assigned by your supervisor and/or manager.
A competitive salary & Terms based on relevant experience.
No applications will be accepted form agencies on behalf of applicants.
Send your CV to email@example.com